Saturday 7 June 2014

Covet scouting mission; behind enemy lines

Hello hello, this GFO to rest of the world. Today I'm on a v special assignment. 
I have been "invited" onto a special southern island charter, henceforth referred to as project kimchi.
This trip I am alone with randoms, moving about undercover, I have no support from my fellow anglers, and will try to update you all as I go about.

Action plan no.1:
Report to disembarking area by 0800.
Holy crap... I have to go to joo koon then take a bus. Gmaps says 1hr 42mins. Although for secret agent GFO, this small situation will not faze me, I am east sider!!!  Sibei far!!! Oops give away location...
I brought my $10.00 rod, and my borrowed daiwa reel.. Tied a couple of simple bottom feeder rigs.. Haven't decided if long snood or short snood yet.. Have 1x red madai on myself as well...
OK hopefully will reach on time then they will not suspect anything..

Mission log as follows.
Assimilation complete. They think I am part of the team. I'm catching all their fish. Grouper, sweet lips. They encourage me only because they suspect nothing .. Expect mission to be of overwhelming success. Taking all the fish home.. They suspect nothing.....

Mission update .
Suspicious activities noted.. They have decided to have dinner together.. I must Siam.. If not all my fish will become our fish... I'm stalling. They still suspect nothing...
Abort abort abort !!!!
Critical failure. They have called family to have dinner together with them... My fish... Have now becomed our fish.. I who singlehandedly brought up the big fish... They have caught on and realise I'm not gonna share it with them.. Mission failed.

I'm sorry my fellow fishingkims.. I have failed.. I wanted to bring it back for us... Sweet lips never try before together...
I have lost this wonderful opportunity to fish for free AND bring home all for us....
Oh wells its free after all..

Finally at our Hosts place, they prepared the Grouper in 2 kinds of steamed sauce, while deep frying the Sweet Lips.
Kudos to the hostess. The way she prepared the grouper..... SEDAP!!!
The sweet lips is something i'll look forward to catching in the future as well!!


Ghetto fisherman Ong out!
Ghetto Pro tip #04: eat your sea sick pills.

2 comments: